Version: May 2018
This privacy notice was last updated on 16th May 2018.
This privacy notice sets out the basis on which we collect and process your personal data through the use of our website, and/or signing up for newsletters and other marketing activities either in person or online.
Any changes we make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page so please check this page regularly.
Who We Are
JR Riley Limited is the Data Controller responsible for your personal data within the context of the data you choose to directly pass to us through our website, digital applications, marketing activities, by email, phone or face to face.
JR Riley Limited will be what is known as the 'Data Controller' of the personal data you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as "we" or "us". By Data Controller, this means JR Riley Limited determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
Our registered office is at Rileys Garden Centre, Cooil Road, Braddan, IM4 2AF
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, the use of your personal information, your dealings with our website or our digital applications, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Principles of Data Protection
JR Riley Limited are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and service users and complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you the best user experience.
We have published this notice to help you understand
how and why JR Riley's Limited collect information from you;
who we share your information with, why and on what basis; and
what your rights are.
What information we collect and why?
Information you provide to us directly
When you visit or use some parts of our website and/or services we might ask you to provide personal data to us. For example we ask you for your contact information when you submit an enquiry, submit your CV for a job application, submit a quote request, book an appointment, give feedback, send us a brief etc...
Where you are requested to fill in form (either online or offline), it's your choice as to which fields to complete and with what data.
If you don't want to provide us with your personal data you don't have to but it might mean you can't use some parts of our website or services.
Information we collect automatically
We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our websites or use our services, like your device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our website and digital applications such as what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on and so on. This information is useful as it helps us get a better understanding of how you use our websites and services so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible.
When you visit us at our offices JR Riley Limited uses CCTV for security monitoring purposes.
Information we get from third parties
The majority of information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publically available materials. We may use this information to supplement the personal data we already hold on you, in order to better inform, personalise and improve our services and to validate the personal information you provide.
Where we collect personal data, we'll only process it:
- To perform a contract with you, or
- Where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they're not overridden by your rights
- In accordance with a legal obligation or
- Where we have your consent
How do we use your information?
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract - your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way
- Legitimate Interests - this means the interests of JR Riley Limited in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Parties in order to deliver you the requested service
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
Here is a list of the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons described above we rely on to do so. Where we list legitimate interests as a reason, we also describe below what we believe these legitimate interests are.
Who we share your information with and why
There may be times when we need to share your data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- Third party providers and partners who assist and enable us to use the personal data to support delivery of services or functionality of services or to market services and products to you
- Regulators, law enforcement, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think its necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights
- An actual or potential buyer and or its advisers in connection with a purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business
- Other people where we have your consent
- Payment processors
- Sub processors who are vetted for GDPR compliance
- Debt Recovery, Credit Checking Services and Fraud Prevention Services
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data; request that your personal data is erased or corrected; request access to your personal data.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us at email@example.com
You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with information about new products and improvements to our websites and services. When you initially contact us over the website we will ask you if you want to receive this type of marketing information.
JR Riley Limited will not share your information with other companies .
If you decide you do not want to receive this marketing information you can request that we stop by writing to the Data Protection Officer at the address provided above or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your request is dealt with.
How long we keep your information
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under How we use your information above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
- Security is a priority for us when it comes to your personal data. We're committed to protecting your personal data and have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to make sure that happens.
What are your rights
You are entitled to request the following from JR Riley Limited, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Email email@example.com
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability - to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object - to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling – rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
Please see our dedicated cookies page.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Rileys Garden Centre
Isle of Man
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Information supplied via this website will not be disclosed to any unauthorised third party.